Job Title: Editor
Duration: Full time
Manager: Jeff Ficker, Chief Creative Officer
Are you a magazine lover? Someone who could spend a Sunday afternoon devouring media websites, long-form journalism pieces and BuzzFeed quizzes. Obsessed with creativity behind great ad campaigns and smart, engaging brand websites? Casual Astronaut is seeking a full-time editor to assist with a variety of print and digital editorial projects at our rapidly growing content marketing agency. The position requires a blend of journalism and marketing skills:
- Develop content strategies and editorial plans that drive the marketing goals of our clients
- Generate story ideas and packaging concepts for print and digital projects
- Edit articles, infographics and display copy
- Assist in selecting freelance writers and supervise their work
- Perform copy-editing and fact-checking duties
- Report and write content as needed
- Serve as a liaison between Casual Astronaut and its clients, keeping projects on track, communicating production changes and coordinating file delivery
- Deep familiarity with AP style and using internal style guides
- 5 years of experience in an editorial role, such as an editor of a print publication or digital content hub
- Ability to multi-track on a diverse set of projects — different subject matter, different clients, different formats — at the same time
- Familiarity with the process of developing digital content, from SEO considerations to uploading to a CMS
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Degree in journalism or English preferred
About Casual Astronaut:
Casual Astronaut is a content marketing agency that helps brands and organizations develop deeper and more meaningful relationships with customers. We marry content strategy, content creation and content distribution to attract audiences at key moments in the customer journey — and ultimately to drive engagement and action.
C/A works with brands and institutions to create the articles, videos, social media posts, publications and websites that attract audiences and prompt consumers to take action. Our clients span a range of industries — from travel/tourism to healthcare to higher education — and include The Ritz-Carlton, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, the University of Arizona, Explore Minnesota and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Casual Astronaut is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.