Job Title: Digital Producer
Duration: Full Time
Manager: Tina Kelly, Chief Marketing Officer
Casual Astronaut is seeking a full-time Digital Producer to join our rapidly growing content marketing agency in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Digital Producer is the internal resource responsible for coordinating the execution of the digital components of all of our projects: websites, landing pages, email templates, microsites, marketing automation workflow development and software/analytics integration.
Serving as the bridge between Casual Astronaut and our clients, freelance developers and software vendors, the Digital Producer works collaboratively to ensure projects are completed accurately, on time and achieve client goals. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a hands-on front-end developer with a strong working knowledge of HTML/CSS and the QA process, and will take on small coding projects as needed.
- Scheduling and assigning digital development work to (onshore) digital development resources.
- Performing QA to ensure quality and adherence to scope for all digital deliverables received from external resources.
- Soliciting pricing bids for technical projects from a roster of approved digital development resources.
- Interviewing and expanding the agency’s roster of digital/technical resources.
- End-to-End project management for projects that are majority digital (for example, website redesigns).
- Routine communication and occasional travel to visit clients (outside of the state) to participate in planning discussions, delivery of work, etc.
- Basic HTML/CSS development of email templates, websites, landing pages, marketing automation workflows, etc. when outside resources are not available.
- Code review and modification to ensure standards are met.
- Implementation and testing of analytics and conversion tracking.
- 5-7 years of experience in a digital project management role, preferably in an agency environment
- Technical understanding of the processes and work involved in developing a variety of different digital products for marketing purposes (email templates, landing pages, microsites, etc.)
- A solid background in marketing, including content marketing, digital marketing, branding and website design/development.
- Experience working with common third party tools such as Marketing Automation Platforms, CRMs, Google Tag Manager and email platforms
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and rigor in all things organizational
- Knowledge of account and project management principles, methods and techniques
- Flexibility and the ability to stay positive and troubleshoot in difficult situations
- A keen attention to contractual and accounting details; the ability to work with a finance team to manage project budgets, billing and the vendor contracting process
- Bachelor’s degree — preferred in project management, computer science or a related field
This is a client-facing, office-based role that will require the Digital Producer to spend time in meetings and briefings, as well as stay in close contact with clients and external resources. Travel and deadlines may occasionally require working beyond standard office hours.
About Casual Astronaut:
Casual Astronaut is a content marketing agency that helps brands and organizations develop deeper and more meaningful relationships with customers. We marry content strategy, content creation and content distribution to attract audiences at key moments in the customer journey — and ultimately to drive engagement and action.
C/A works with brands and institutions to create the articles, videos, social media posts, publications and websites that attract audiences and prompt consumers to take action. Our clients span a range of industries — from travel/tourism to healthcare to higher education — and include The Ritz-Carlton, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, the University of Arizona, Explore Minnesota and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Casual Astronaut is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.