Digital Marketing Strategist
Job Title: Digital Marketing Strategist
Duration: Full time
Manager: Tina Kelly, Chief Marketing Officer
As an expert in digital marketing, you will be responsible for developing digital marketing strategies and leveraging a variety of digital marketing channels to assist our clients in achieving their goals. You will play the lead digital marketing role on accounts, with support from the CMO and digital marketing specialists. While you will focus on overall strategy, you will also be responsible for managing tactical elements of the campaigns.
Client programs will include tactics spanning across channels, including SEO, PPC, content syndication, email marketing, social media, display, retargeting, programmatic display and marketing automation. This means you’ve had experience managing or overseeing successful Google AdWords campaigns, optimizing content for SEO, executing digital media buys and deploying dynamic email marketing campaigns.
You will work closely with the account management team to ensure the digital campaigns are achieving the client’s goals and provide reporting that illustrates performance. Daily client communication and meetings will be the norm, so you are comfortable interacting with clients directly and ideally have some agency experience. In addition to managing existing work, you will be responsible for formulating account growth strategies. This will involve research and analysis, proposal development, pricing and presentations to clients.
You will also be responsible for supporting the new business team. You will work to develop strategies for new business prospects, conduct research and site analysis, and assist with pricing and proposal development.
This is a fast-paced, high-energy job that is highly collaborative, so you enjoy teamwork and embrace the ever-changing nature of digital marketing in a growing agency setting.
- Lead the development of results-driven digital marketing strategies for existing accounts
- Conduct research to inform recommendations for new programs and optimization of existing campaigns.
- Work with the account management and creative teams to produce digital marketing assets that will align with the target audiences and achieve client goals. Provide feedback when needed to modify assets to align with industry best practices or data-driven insights.
- Develop, implement and executing digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels – paid and organic.
- Continually test new tactics, shift budgets, and optimize the campaigns to maximize client budgets to achieve results.
- Work with the editors to provide keyword analysis to inform content topics and articles.
- Optimize web content for organic search.
- Audit websites for opportunities to increase organic search visibility
- Conduct keyword research, writing ad copy, and establishing bidding strategies for paid search campaigns.
- Lead programmatic display campaigns.
- Support the new business team by providing recommendations for proposal. Assist with proposal development and pricing. Participate in new business pitches. Attend industry conferences to generate new business leads.
- Stay on top of the industry news and trends.
- 5-7 years of experience managing and results-driven digital campaigns, ideally with agency experience
- Experience managing content distribution campaigns with a solid understanding of the role content
- Experience managing programmatic campaigns
- High proficiency with social media platforms, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, marketing automation tools, etc.
- Proven data interpretation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a base understanding of AP Style
- Experience developing new business and in-account growth proposals
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Strong presentation skills
About Casual Astronaut:
Casual Astronaut is a content marketing agency that helps brands and organizations develop deeper and more meaningful relationships with customers. We marry content strategy, content creation and content distribution to attract audiences at key moments in the customer journey — and ultimately to drive engagement and action.
C/A works with brands and institutions to create the articles, videos, social media posts, publications and websites that attract audiences and prompt consumers to take action. Our clients span a range of industries — from travel/tourism to healthcare to higher education — and include The Ritz-Carlton, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, the University of Arizona, Explore Minnesota and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Casual Astronaut is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
No phone calls or recruiters please.