Are you a magazine lover? Someone who could spend a Sunday afternoon devouring media websites, long-form journalism pieces and BuzzFeed quizzes? Intrigued by the creative behind great ad campaigns and websites? C/A is seeking a full-time editor to assist with a variety of print and digital editorial projects at our rapidly growing content marketing agency. The position requires a blend of journalism and marketing skills:
- Develop content strategies and editorial plans that drive the marketing goals of our clients
- Generate story ideas and packaging concepts for print and digital projects1
- Edit articles, infographics and display copy
- Assist in selecting freelance writers and supervise their work
- Perform copy-editing and fact-checking duties
- Report and write content as needed
- Serve as a liaison between C/A and its clients, keeping projects on track, communicating production changes and coordinating file delivery
The position is based in our Phoenix office, and though our staff is working remotely now, we will be returning to the office later this summer/fall. Working hours are standard office times; however, deadlines may stretch this further.
- Deep familiarity with AP style and using internal style guides
- 5 years of experience in an editorial role, such as an editor of a print publication or digital content hub
- Ability to multi-track on a diverse set of projects — different subject matter, different clients, different formats — at the same time
- Familiarity with the process of developing digital content, from SEO considerations to uploading to a CMS
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Degree in journalism or English preferred
About Casual Astronaut
What We Do
Casual Astronaut is a content marketing agency that helps brands and organizations develop deeper and more meaningful relationships with customers. We marry content strategy, content creation and content distribution to attract audiences at key moments in the customer journey — and ultimately to drive engagement and action. Our team of art directors, editors, developers and digital experts — based in Arizona, Arkansas, New York and Utah — rely on years of experience to create sound strategies, websites and digital marketing campaigns that deliver results.
C/A works with brands and institutions to create the articles, videos, social media posts, publications and websites that attract audiences and prompt consumers to take action. Our clients span a range of industries — from travel/tourism to healthcare to higher education — and include The Ritz-Carlton, Penn Medicine, Niagara Falls USA, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, the University of Arizona and Explore Minnesota.
C/A is committed to quality work. The only thing we love as much as
making our clients happy is creating smart, engaging marketing programs
that drive results. We make it our mission to do both. As part of the
team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a
rewarding aspect of your career here.
Who We Are
At C/A, we all bring different things to the table — stellar writing skills, top-notch design chops and digital marketing know-how, as well as experience working with clients from a variety of industries. That diversity of experiences extends to our backgrounds and perspectives. We believe diversity of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and disability status drives creativity and innovation. It’s important to us that as we craft content and digital experiences for a variety of audiences that our own staff reflect the audiences we are trying to reach.
And hiring is just the first step. Our agency is committed to our
team members, and we take time to ensure that each person we bring on is
a good fit for our culture and our values. We believe our staff and our
clients benefit when everyone feels included and valued, and we have
implemented initiatives to that end, including providing flexible
time-off so that staff can celebrate holidays and events of their
choosing, installing gender-neutral bathrooms and offering paid leave
for all new parents, regardless of gender or whether through biological
birth or adoption.
Our benefits package includes competitive salary, flexible paid time-off, 401(k) and medical and dental health coverage. We also contribute to community via C/A Charities, which targets causes and issues that disproportionately affect children and underserved populations, including hands-on projects with Arizona foster care, the Diversity the International Refugee Committee (IRC) and HomeBase Youth Services through Native American Connections.