The Digital Project Manager is the internal resource responsible for coordinating the execution of the digital components of all of our projects: websites, landing pages, email templates, marketing automation workflow development and software/analytics integration. This position serves as a bridge between Casual Astronaut and our clients, freelance developers, and software vendors, working collaboratively to ensure projects are completed accurately, on time and achieve client goals. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a hands-on front-end developer with a strong working knowledge of HTML/CSS and the QA process, and will take on small coding projects as needed.
This is a client-facing, office-based role that will require the Digital Project Manager to spend time in meetings and briefings, as well as stay in close contact with clients and external resources. Travel and deadlines may occasionally require working beyond standard office hours.
The position is based in our Phoenix office, and though our staff is working remotely now, we will be returning to the office later this summer/fall. Working hours are standard office times; however, deadlines may stretch this further.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define project goals and requirements for web projects.
- Schedule and assign digital development work to (onshore) digital development resources.
- Refine our process for web development projects.
- Refine agreements/standards/expectations for developers.
- Establish a pricing/estimating process for development projects.
- Manage content collection and content population.
- Perform QA to ensure quality and adherence to scope for all digital deliverables received from external resources.
- Lead user testing with support from design and development resources.
- Solicit bids for technical projects from a roster of approved digital development resources.
- Expand the agency’s roster of digital/technical resources.
- Provide project management for digital projects, e.g., website redesigns.
- Support the design team’s UX planning by providing research support data.
- Communicate and occasionally travel to visit clients for planning discussions, delivery of work, etc.
- Provide basic HTML/CSS development of email templates, websites, landing pages, marketing automation workflows, etc. when outside resources are not available.
- Review and modify code to ensure standards are met.
- Implement and test analytics and conversion tracking.
- 5+ years of experience in a digital project management role, preferably in an agency environment.
- Technical understanding of the processes and work involved in developing a variety of different digital products for marketing purposes (email templates, landing pages, microsites, etc.).
- A solid background in marketing, including content marketing, digital marketing, branding and website design/development.
- Experience working with common third-party tools such as marketing automation platforms, CRMs, Google Tag Manager, and email platforms.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Knowledge of account and project management principles, methods and techniques.
- Flexibility and the ability to stay positive and troubleshoot in difficult situations.
- A keen attention to contractual and accounting details; the ability to work with a finance team to manage project budgets, billing and the vendor contracting process.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in project management, computer science or a related field.
About Casual Astronaut
What We Do
Casual Astronaut is a content marketing agency that helps brands and organizations develop deeper and more meaningful relationships with customers. We marry content strategy, content creation and content distribution to attract audiences at key moments in the customer journey — and ultimately to drive engagement and action. Our team of art directors, editors, developers and digital experts — based in Arizona, Arkansas, New York and Utah — rely on years of experience to create sound strategies, websites and digital marketing campaigns that deliver results.
C/A works with brands and institutions to create the articles, videos, social media posts, publications and websites that attract audiences and prompt consumers to take action. Our clients span a range of industries — from travel/tourism to healthcare to higher education — and include The Ritz-Carlton, Penn Medicine, Niagara Falls USA, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, the University of Arizona and Explore Minnesota.
C/A is committed to quality work. The only thing we love as much as
making our clients happy is creating smart, engaging marketing programs
that drive results. We make it our mission to do both. As part of the
team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a
rewarding aspect of your career here.
Who We Are
At C/A, we all bring different things to the table — stellar writing skills, top-notch design chops and digital marketing know-how, as well as experience working with clients from a variety of industries. That diversity of experiences extends to our backgrounds and perspectives. We believe diversity of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and disability status drives creativity and innovation. It’s important to us that as we craft content and digital experiences for a variety of audiences that our own staff reflect the audiences we are trying to reach.
And hiring is just the first step. Our agency is committed to our
team members, and we take time to ensure that each person we bring on is
a good fit for our culture and our values. We believe our staff and our
clients benefit when everyone feels included and valued, and we have
implemented initiatives to that end, including providing flexible
time-off so that staff can celebrate holidays and events of their
choosing, installing gender-neutral bathrooms and offering paid leave
for all new parents, regardless of gender or whether through biological
birth or adoption.
Our benefits package includes competitive salary, flexible paid time-off, 401(k) and medical and dental health coverage. We also contribute to our community via C/A Charities, which targets causes and issues that disproportionately affect children and underserved populations, including hands-on projects with Arizona foster care, the Diversity the International Refugee Committee (IRC) and HomeBase Youth Services through Native American Connections.