C/A is seeking a full-time Art Director to design for a variety of digital projects, including websites, landing pages, email, social media and display advertising. We’re looking for the trifecta: design talent, digital skills and a strong work ethic. You'll be expected to execute visual designs, from initial concepts to the final handoff to development.
You’ll work closely with clients under tight deadlines and be a reliable source of fresh, creative and innovative ideas. You must be able to create a range of concepts and designs for each project while collaborating with the editorial, digital marketing and creative service to ensure creative syncs with project goals and client expectations.
This is an office-based role in Phoenix that will require you to spend time in meetings and briefings. Working hours are standard office times; however, deadlines may stretch this further.
- Create strategic digital designs that wow aesthetically and drive users to take action
- Creatively tell stories through a mix of photography, illustration, charts, graphics and other design elements
- Collaborate closely with clients and the C/A team on design concepts
- Adhere to and interpreting established client branding
- Stay up to date on digital design trends
- Create style sheets and other design guidelines as needed
- Manage workflow and schedules, keeping projects within budget and on schedule
- Participate in client meetings, creative discussions, strategy discussions, and development of presentations
- Clearly articulate design decisions that are backed up with strategic supporting evidence, insight and rationale
- Occasional travel to visit clients (outside of the state) to participate in planning discussions, pitching new work, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a digital design role, preferably at a digital marketing agency
- A passion for great design and pride in creating interesting, visually appealing work
- Experience designing websites, big and small, from UX to sitemap to wireframes to final page designs
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including landing pages, display advertising and social media
- An attention to detail and the ability to gather and implement feedback from internal teams and clients
- Ability to multitask on a diverse set of projects — different subject matter, different clients, different formats
- Thorough knowledge of Sketch and InVision, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications
- Interest and experience in other design disciplines, like branding and publication design, is a big plus
- Self-directed, motivated, collaborative and willing to learn, adapt and grow
- Additional technical knowledge (HTML, CSS, CMS backend) a plus
- BFA or BA in graphic design, or equivalent
ABOUT CASUAL ASTRONAUT
What We Do
Casual Astronaut is a content marketing agency that helps brands and organizations develop deeper and more meaningful relationships with customers. We marry content strategy, content creation and content distribution to attract audiences at key moments in the customer journey — and ultimately to drive engagement and action.
C/A works with brands and institutions to create the articles, videos, social media posts, publications and websites that attract audiences and prompt consumers to take action. Our clients span a range of industries — from travel/tourism to healthcare to higher education — and include The Ritz-Carlton, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Niagara Falls USA, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, the University of Arizona and Explore Minnesota.
Who We Are
At C/A, we all bring different things to the table — stellar writing skills, top-notch design chops and digital marketing know-how, as well as experience working with clients from a variety of industries. That diversity of experiences extends to our backgrounds and perspectives. We believe diversity of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and disability status drives creativity and innovation. It’s important to us that as we craft content and digital experiences for a variety of audiences that our own staff reflect the audiences we are trying to reach.
And hiring is just the first step. Our agency is committed to our team members, and we take time to ensure that each person we bring on is a good fit for our culture and our values. We believe our staff and our clients benefit when everyone feels included and valued, and we have implemented initiatives to that end, including providing flexible time-off so that staff can celebrate holidays and events of their choosing, installing gender-neutral bathrooms and offering paid leave for all new parents, regardless of gender or whether through biological birth or adoption.
Our benefits package includes competitive salary, flexible paid time-off, and medical and dental health coverage. We provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor shuffleboard competitions and karaoke contests, and encourage connection through collaborative workspaces. We have also launched C/A Charities, which targets causes and issues that disproportionately affect children and underserved populations, including hands-on projects with Arizona foster care, the International Refugee Committee (IRC) and HomeBase Youth Services through Native American Connections.