Casual Astronaut is seeking a full-time Account Supervisor (AS) to join the Client Service team within our growing content marketing agency.
The AS serves as the day-to-day lead for a roster of accounts, nurturing a successful and positive relationship with clients. Serving as the bridge between the agency and client, the AS is responsible for working with the creative and digital teams to ensure our projects run smoothly and achieve their goals.
Daily contact with clients is a key part of the job, so offering new and forward-thinking ideas is essential to the productive communication process. The AS is expected to pitch new ideas and projects to clients, so a confident and proactive attitude is necessary to promote the agency’s ideas and benefits. The agency will also depend on you to ensure projects have consistent direction and maintain a clear strategy to achieve the very best outcome.
Balancing the needs of the client against the agency’s bottom line, while being driven by a complex timeline of tasks requires finesse as well as organizational skills. Collaboration and teamwork are critical to this role.
The position is for our Phoenix office, but our entire staff is currently working remotely during the pandemic. Working hours are standard office times; however, deadlines may stretch this further.
- Day-to-day management of client relationships and their ongoing work with the agency
- Proactive leadership that encourages and supports internal teams
- Regular communication with clients at a senior level
- Juggling priorities and demands of multiple accounts and projects
- Organically growing client revenue by identifying and pitching new and innovative ideas
- Organizing and communicating client feedback to internal teams
- Generating status agendas and updates, coordinating project kickoffs and creating project briefs
- Writing proposals and developing initial pricing for new projects
- Working with teams to deliver projects within a specific schedule and budget
- Traveling to visit clients (outside of the state) to participate in planning discussions, pitching new work, etc.
- 5-7 years of experience in professional client relationship management
- A solid background in marketing, including content marketing, digital marketing, branding and website design/development
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and the ability to stay positive and troubleshoot in difficult situations
- The ability to plan and strategize with clients at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to presenting and pitching new business, taking a consultative sales approach with current clients
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to work with finance team to manage project budgets, billing and contracting process
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field
This is an office-based role that will require you to spend time in meetings and briefings, as well as staying in close contact with clients. Working hours will be standard office times; however deadlines may stretch this further.
ABOUT CASUAL ASTRONAUT
What We Do
Casual Astronaut is a content marketing agency that helps brands and organizations develop deeper and more meaningful relationships with customers. We marry content strategy, content creation and content distribution to attract audiences at key moments in the customer journey — and ultimately to drive engagement and action.
C/A works with brands and institutions to create the articles, videos, social media posts, publications and websites that attract audiences and prompt consumers to take action. Our clients span a range of industries — from travel/tourism to healthcare to higher education — and include The Ritz-Carlton, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Niagara Falls USA, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, the University of Arizona and Explore Minnesota.
Who We Are
At C/A, we all bring different things to the table — stellar writing skills, top-notch design chops and digital marketing know-how, as well as experience working with clients from a variety of industries. That diversity of experiences extends to our backgrounds and perspectives. We believe diversity of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and disability status drives creativity and innovation. It’s important to us that as we craft content and digital experiences for a variety of audiences that our own staff reflect the audiences we are trying to reach.
And hiring is just the first step. Our agency is committed to our team members, and we take time to ensure that each person we bring on is a good fit for our culture and our values. We believe our staff and our clients benefit when everyone feels included and valued, and we have implemented initiatives to that end, including providing flexible time-off so that staff can celebrate holidays and events of their choosing, installing gender-neutral bathrooms and offering paid leave for all new parents, regardless of gender or whether through biological birth or adoption.
Our benefits package includes competitive salary, flexible paid time-off, and medical and dental health coverage. We provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor shuffleboard competitions and karaoke contests, and encourage connection through collaborative workspaces. We have also launched C/A Charities, which targets causes and issues that disproportionately affect children and underserved populations, including hands-on projects with Arizona foster care, the International Refugee Committee (IRC) and HomeBase Youth Services through Native American Connections.