Job Title: Art Director
Duration: Full time
Manager: Jeff Ficker, Chief Creative Officer
Job Description: C/A is seeking an Art Director to design for a variety of digital projects, including websites, landing pages, email, social media and display advertising. We’re looking for the trifecta: design talent, digital skills and a strong work ethic. You’ll be expected to execute visual designs, from concept to final hand-off to engineering:
- Creating strategic digital designs that wow aesthetically and drive users to take action
- Creatively telling stories through a mix of photography, illustration, charts, graphics and other design elements
- Collaborating closely with clients and the C/A team on design concepts
- Adhering and interpret established client branding
- Staying up to date on digital design trends
- Creating style sheets and text/interior design templates
- Managing workflow and schedules, keeping projects within budget and deadlines
- 5–7 years of experience in a design role
- Extensive art direction experience, preferably at a digital marketing agency
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including landing pages, display advertising and social media
- Experience designing websites, from sitemap to wireframes to final pages designs
- Ability to seamlessly shift between print and daily digital demands
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Ability to multitask on a diverse set of projects — different subject matter, different clients, different formats — at the same time
- Knowledge of html coding a plus
- Design degree (BFA), or equivalent
About Casual Astronaut:
Casual Astronaut is a content marketing agency that helps brands and organizations develop deeper and more meaningful relationships with customers. We marry content strategy, content creation and content distribution to attract audiences at key moments in the customer journey — and ultimately to drive engagement and action.
C/A works with brands and institutions to create the articles, videos, social media posts, publications and websites that attract audiences and prompt consumers to take action. Our clients span a range of industries — from travel/tourism to healthcare to higher education — and include The Ritz-Carlton, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, the University of Arizona, Explore Minnesota and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Casual Astronaut is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.